Sunday 10 May 2009

The joy of knitting Socks


Despite knitting for 28 years I didn't attempt knitting socks till about 3 years ago! Coming from South Africa originally, there were no sumptuous sock yarns to entice me to knit with them and it was only once in the UK that I saw the wonder that is Sock Yarn! These are my 1st socks in a Regia yarn, colour Clown.



These socks in an Opal yarn followed...



This is Sirdar's discontinued 'Town & Country' 4 ply.


These socks were made for a friend in another Regia yarn with cotton. I knitted a small 'made with love' tag into the sock - see below...


I am still hooked on the colours that are so bold in sock yarn & haven't yet knitted lace socks which I would probably knit in a single colour & not in stripes.
I haven't yet fallen foul of the dreaded '2nd sock syndrome'...




No comments:

Post a Comment